Monday, October 27, 2008

Recipe of the week...


These cookies look yummy and fun to make. I've been looking for a great Visiting teaching treat for the month of October. I think I may have found it. Wouldn't you like to receive a little baggy of these scrumptious morsels? I better double the recipe, so I can keep a few for myself...


Candy Corn Cookies
Martha Stewart



Ingredients

Makes about 36
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
About 36 candy corns


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a wooden spoon until combined. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Add flour, and mix until a dough forms.
Scoop out level teaspoons of dough, and roll into balls (chill dough briefly if it becomes too soft to handle). Place balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch (do not let cookies color), 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from oven; gently press a candy corn into center of each cookie (surface of cookies may crack slightly). Cool on sheets 1 minute; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Helpful Hint
Chocolate Variation: Reduce the amount of flour given in the recipe to 1/2 cup. Add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder along with the flour in step 1, and proceed.

1 comment:

Tina Butler said...

These will be perfect for Halloween next year. The kids will have a blast helping me make them.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray