Sunday, October 5, 2008

being grateful...

1--Sometimes being grateful is hard...sometimes it's easy! President Monson is strongly advising us to try to be MORE grateful. To appreciate the beauty around us and to focus on the things we've been blessed with in our lives. So, today, I have a renewed desire to look for the good in everyone and everything. We decided to take a little day trip, and show the kids a few reasons to be grateful. We thought the mountains would be a great place to start...it certainly was!
I cannot tell you, in words, how beautiful the mountains are right now. The colors are more distinct than I've ever seen before. It only takes 5 minutes to get from my drive-way, to this amazing spot. My kids were grateful and kept commenting on the scenery.
1st reason to be grateful--living so close to the mountains...

2--Next stop....to visit grandpa. Poor grandpa Pia fell last week and broke his hip, at the age of 90! Vovo rushed him to the hospital and they immediately scheduled his surgery. We are grateful he is recovering so well.

I love this picture of grandpa and Vovo. They've been married over 60 years. WOW! I am grateful for their kindness, love, wisdom, persistence and generosity. They are both wonderful examples to us.

2nd reason to be grateful--grandpa's speedy recovery....


3--Lastly, we stopped in at the cemetary. We wanted to see if we could locate the deer that live here. Luckily, we found 6 lying in the grass. They were magnificent and the kids thought this was pretty neat. We had such a great time hanging out... just our little family. I'm so grateful for my husband and my 4 healthy children.3rd reason to be grateful--my loving family...


1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great post. I am so happy to see your blog. You are the cutest family.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray