Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another great fall recipe...

This is the best soup. I'm making it for bunko this week.
Corn and squash soup

1 medium onion
1 celery rib, chopped
2 T. all purpose flour
1 can (14 ½ oz.) chicken broth
6 C. mashed cooked butternut squash
2 Cans cream style corn
2 C. half-and-half (I use fat free)
1 T minced fresh parsley
1 ½ t. salt
½ t. pepper
Sour cream, optional

Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the squash, corn, cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Garnish with sour cream if desired. I always double this recipe.

1 comment:

nicole b said...

I heard bunco was a lot of fun! Brenda stopped by my house afterward. And she said the soup and all your goodies were delicious. Wish I could have been there.

Thanks for that yummy sugar cookie the other day. I totally hid it in my cupboard so my kids wouldn't find it and then proceeded to eat the entire thing for breakfast. I couldn't stop! I kept thinking I would just eat a bite and before I knew it, it was gone. the almond extract is soooo good! you are always so thoughtful and sweet. And Olivia had so much fun playing with Hazel today!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray