We've been crazily busily working on our house for the past 6 months. It's not that we really needed to make drastic changes, but one of Joe's clients owed him money and wanted to work it off by fixing up our house.
The first thing that needed our immediate attention was our stucco. This project was actually a MUST because we had massive cracks that were causing all kinds of flooding problems. We also re-painted the house a touch darker to blend with the cornerstones.
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
Our bathroom on the main level was a joke. An absolute JOKE! We basically gutted the entire room minus the toilet!
{BEFORE}
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
The laundry room was perfectly fine but we decided to replace the door fronts, give it a fresh coat of paint and new granite (leftover from kitchen).
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
We had the most obnoxious black lockers right here. They really didn't serve any sort of purpose, so we decided to make good use of the space and gussy it up a bit. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. Each of my kids get their own drawer for shoes and a few hooks for coats and back packs. The mess is safely tucked away behind closed doors. It feels good to be organized again.
{AFTER}
Just look at this mess... YUCK! Notice that green paint color? We re-painted the entire house. The main color we chose is called HUSH by Benjamin Moore (pottery barn). It's a great neutral/light color because I was getting tired of the darker tones everywhere, especially the yellowy beige color. You'll have to notice the new paint colors in the pictures below.{BEFORE}
Out with the old... in with the new! Can you believe this floor? My husband LOVED this floor but I was sooooooo
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
I had a hard time deciding between these two pieces of marble. I went with the lighter version because I tend to gravitate toward lighter colors in general. I think I made the right choice.
{BEFORE}
This picture shows the floor almost finished. That green paint color makes me want to hurl now that I see it in this picture. What was I thinking???
{BEFORE}
I decided to completely get rid of the useless desk area and turn it into a homework station. I am so happy with the way this turned out. It is AWESOME!!!!
{AFTER}
You can't believe how much {AFTER}
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
We decided to add a bay window over the sink because I've always wanted to grow an herb garden in my kitchen. This was my guilty pleasure and I LOVE IT!!!!!
{BEFORE}
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
Here are a few things I love about this kitchen. I love this spice rack. It's great because I can see every single spice front and center.
{AFTER}
I love that I can throw stuff away and hide it from the world. I basically scoop everything off the countertop into the garbage and close the door. It's genius.{AFTER}
Meet our cereal drawer. We had the cabinet guys measure our largest cereal box so that every single box would fit perfectly into this easy to reach drawer. It holds between 12-14 boxes. Sweet eh?{AFTER}
This little beauty is so cool. It's a microwave drawer. Again I was thinking about how convenient it would be for the kids. I think it's pretty awesome but Mr. Pia thinks it's pretty lame. O'well... you can't win `em all right?{AFTER}
I LOVE THIS DRAWER!!!!! It actually happened by mistake but that's another story for another day. I love how convenient it is while cooking. Everything I need... at my fingertips!{AFTER}
What a sad front entryway. The before wall color was Kwal paint... Sienna Sand. I loved the color but got sick of it after eight years. I like the new color so much better.
{AFTER}
We painted the living room and dining room Silver Sage... Sherwin Williams (discontinued color). It's just a nice soft peaceful color.
{AFTER}
{AFTER}
We're pretty much finished with everything except for 3 kitchen chairs that are back ordered and family room furniture. It feels amazing to have our house to ourselves without a bunch of stinky worker men in sight. Ahhh..... nice and peaceful...
{AFTER}
We're so happy we can finally close this insane chapter of our lives and move on to bigger and better things, like serving others and spending quality time with our family!
ahhh.... all is well in the Pia home again... all is well.




















9 comments:
How beautiful!!! I may have to stop by for a closer look, you have the touch for decorating Julie!
Everything looks amazing! That takes a lot of patience.
Wow it looks amazing! I love it.
IN LOVE, that's I'll I'm gonna say. :)
Can't believe the difference in the before and after pictures. Hopefully those 6 months of utter chaos will fade into oblivion and you'll totally enjoy the final results!
It looks awesome! I know you suffered through it, but it is really beautiful!
Wow! It is amazing! It all looks so beautiful.
Gorgeous Julie!
Where to start? I ooh-ed and ah-ed through the whole post. I'm sure it was a nightmare going through it, but the end results are out of this world. So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment