Thursday, April 28, 2011

Food makes me happy



Have you ever made Paula Dean's gooey butter cake? Supposedly it was Elvis Presley's FAVORITE dessert back in the day and I can see why... It's fabulous! But she uses gobs of butter and other naughty ingredients. It has to be one of the most artery clogging desserts on the planet. This cookie recipe happens to be a knock off of that cake without all the added butter and naughtiness. 



This recipe makes about 25 cookies so I always double it. My chocolate chip cookie recipe has 4 sticks of butter in it and this one only has 2 (if doubled).  I'm not saying it's healthy by any means but it gives you free rein to enjoy a few extra nibbles... ; )


Enjoy!




Gooey Butter cookies

1 box Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mix
1 stick butter, room temp
¼ t. vanilla extract
½ t. almond extract
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temp
1 egg

Combine all ingredients with electric mixer until well blended. Chill dough for 2 hours. Roll into balls (about walnut size). Roll balls in powdered sugar. Bake on un-greased cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar when completely cooled.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

These look *and* sound so delicious, Julie!

Monique said...

Can't wait to try these!

Unknown said...

I knew I smelled something good when I walk in your house!?! I should have snooped so I could have snuck a taste! :) lol

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray