Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ny Nouth Nis Mumb!

Bryn got a sticker from the dentist today that read Ny Nouth Nis Mumb, to remind her that her Mouth is Numb and not to chew on her lips or tongue. She had to have 2 cavities filled (one on top and one on the bottom) and I'm not sure she understood what was about to happen to her. 


Dr. Barney Olsen is the BEST pediatric dentist in Utah if you ask me and he's also an orthodontist which thrills me to pieces. He's been wonderful with my kids and I appreciate his kindness & patience so much as a Mother. I feel bad that I passed down the HORRIBLE TEETH gene to my kids. Joe's had 1 filling his entire life and I don't think I have a tooth that doesn't have a filling  on it somewhere. And it's not like we don't brush around here. We do... A LOT!!!


So... Bryn sat in Dr. Olsen's chair like a champ. She was very aware of her surroundings but loved getting all the attention. She got to enjoy a nice clown-nose gas mask that smelled like cotton candy and watch one of her favorite movies, Tangled. 


I think she did a great job for her first (hopefully her last) BIG cavity fill. I took her to Walmart afterward and let her pick a toy for being such a good girl. She chose a cute dog that needed to go to the Vet and get a check-up (shots and all).  Pretty appropriate for her recent situation huh?




Time to take your medicine... a nice dose of Advil
 Big drink
 choosing her movie
 Looking at all the equipment about to be used on her
 Time to watch Tangled
 How about a lil' laughing gas to ease your worries?
 Dr. Olsen is so thorough and fast. Bryn didn't even know she had multiple shots until after we left.
 Picking her prize(s)
 This is a BIG deal for her
 Yippee.... ALL DONE!
 Time to show off her BIG smile and her 1st missing tooth!
 Although I fed Bryn a fairly large breakfast beforehand, she was STARVING when we left the dentist. She wasn't allowed to eat until the numbness wore off, so we went to Jamba juice for a nice cold smoothie.
 Suck it down sister
 Once the Novocain wore off, Bryn horked down a sandwich in 2.3 seconds flat.
 I'm glad my girl is back to normal. No matter how good the dentist is.... It's still not very fun to visit him.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like she was a brave little girl. Hope those cavity creeps stay away from her for a very long time!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE laughing gas!! Wish I could have a small dose every morning to get me through the day :)

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray