Hello Sunshine!
Boy did we have fun in sunny St. George. Thank goodness for spring break because we needed it desperately around here. The weather was PERFECT. The kids were beyond PERFECT. The entire trip was PERFECT from start to finish.
Joe and I both remember spending time in St. George as kids. We have such fond memories vacationing there with our families. I hope
our kids will feel that same amount of joy and fondness over the years as we make lots and lots of memories together.
My Mom drove down with me Monday morning because Joe had to work until Thursday. I know I've said this before, but my Mom ROCKS! She played games with the kids every chance she got. Even pool-side cards.
I wonder what Chan's thinking right now.
The boys had a great time playing water games. This particular game was a guessing game that they played for HOURS.
Brynerz was in swimming HEAVEN. She is such a lil' fish.
My cute lil' friend playing cards with my Mom again.
This girl cracks me up non-stop. I wanna just pinch those cheeks.
Bryn hit the jack-pot when it comes to friends. She had a new friend to play with everyday... lucky girl!
Getting thrown into the pool by Bri. The minute Bryn hopped out she said, "Let's do it again"!
Cards, cards & more cards.
Every time I turned around my Mom had the kids playing a game. I don't remember the TV being turned on once during the day. Gotta love it!
This is where our trip took a little dive for a minute. Apparently my sunscreen had expired. Darn it! This little cutie got FRIED!!!!!! I'm definitely NOT getting 'Mother of the year' for this one.
Bryn pretty much had to wear a visor for the rest of the trip. Luckily, she didn't seem to mind.
She and Lynds found a fun little place in the shade to play house. Well, mostly shade!
Joe and Brynerz in deep conversation.
We took Bryn and Mason to the RED CLIFFS with a bunch of friends. Have I ever mentioned that Bryn is a huge dare devil and she freaks me out??? She seriously has ZERO fear!
Luckily Joe had phone service(AT&T) out in the middle of no where (shocker!!!!). He was thrilled to check his email.
Two of my great friends... Lori and Amber.
See what I mean about Brynerz being a little dare devil. She hoofed it up to the top of this cliff before anyone knew she was gone. Joe had to frantically climb up to make sure she was ok. As soon as he reached her she was off again.
Mason enjoyed jumping off the side of a cliff into the FREEZING COLD water.
He LOVED this part of our adventure.
You can almost understand what he's saying here.... IT'S SOOOOO COLD!
The kids wanted to go further up the canyon and I'm glad we did. It was absolutely gorgeous!
Joe helping the kids cross this ledge via a rope
Our cute neighbor and his sweet son Matt
Another fun waterfall
I was so amazed with the beauty all around me. Every chance I got I snapped shots of the red rock contrasting against the blue sky. Definitely one of my favorite things about St. George.
My friend T and her cute mom Janice. I feel bad this was the only tennis picture I took. We had such a great time playing tennis with our kids and friends, but unfortunately I was having way too much fun to stop and take pictures. Las Palmas has pretty great tennis courts.
We had so much fun hanging out at the pool. Las Palmas also has fantastic pools. There's something for everyone.
Another cute friend for Bryn.
Mason took this picture of the palm trees. I'm glad he sees the beauty around him as well.
Quickly checking my emails. Gotta love technology.
I'm sure Bryn and Lydia are begging me for money.
Mason took this picture of himself. I just LOVE those freckles!
Skipbo anyone?
I don't think these kids ever got tired of card games.
Well Saturday night my Mom decided she'd had enough fun in the sun, so she offered to take Bryn and Mason home with her. I was really glad because they were pretty red and needed a break from the sun as well. Joe and I stayed one more night with our big kids and celebrated Easter with the "K's" Sunday morning.
Chan used his shoes as an Easter basket. Funny kid!
Joe chillaxin' in the corner watching the kids find their eggs.
I think the kids had a pretty great time. Chan's friend Zach drove down with us. He pretty much blended right in with our crazy family. Hopefully he wasn't too traumatized and will want to come again.
We decided to hustle home because CC was preparing a wonderful Easter dinner for us. It was lovely as usual. We got to see our new Niece and Nephew again. They are sooooooo stinkin' cute. I can't imagine life without our big crazy family. We have so much fun together.
CC announced her engagement and upcoming marraige to a wonderful man named Dave. Everyone was so excited for her except little Brynerz as you can see in this picture. She was basically DEVASTATED!!!!! She does NOT like the idea of a man taking her Grandma away from her. I think she'll be fine eventually, but it may take some serious time and convincing.
Berkley is really excited for CC and wanted to practice a few hairdo's for the big day. We couldn't be more happy for her. She deserves all the happiness in the world and it's definitely her turn.
Happy Easter to you! xoxo















3 comments:
I am so excited for Carol! It is wonderful news. Looks like a great trip. Our weather here has been awful lately, so it's nice to see the sun shining somewhere! :)
Happy Easter.
I'm sitting here in my office freezing!!! But being warmed-up by your beautiful spring break photos! Looks like you had so much fun! You have the cutest family.
We had so much fun in St. George with the WHOLE neighborhood! Loved being with you guys!
Post a Comment