One of my favorite Sunday pass times is baking. I love to bake. LOVE IT. I love all sorts of cookies, cakes, muffins, breads and especially ROLLS. hmm...... I love rolls!
I decided to experiment with some of my favorite roll recipes, mainly because I thought it would be fun to dream up a BRAND NEW RECIPE. So..... drum roll please......
Here is my new roll recipe. It happens to be MINE. Or at least I hope so. Let me know if you've seen this recipe before. I think I'll name it "Julie's Crescent rolls". There.... that feels nice!
JULIE'S CRESCENT ROLLS
Makes about 50-ish rolls
4 T. active dry yeast
1/2 C. warm water
2 C. milk
4 eggs
2 C. mashed potatoes
1 C. sugar
1 C. oil
9-ish C. flour
2 t. salt
butter for melting on top of rolls
1. In a small bowl combine yeast and water. Whisk thoroughly and let sit for 5 minutes.
Heat milk in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Just until warm.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and mashed potatoes. Stir in the milk and yeast mixture. Stir in flour, cup by cup until combined. Mix for about 5 minutes to kneed dough. Dough should be soft but slightly sticky.
Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray. Allow dough to rise in a warm place for about 2 hours. Grease a jelly roll pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Punch the dough down and turn it onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into 4 chunks. Roll each chunk into a large pizza like circle. Cut with pizza cutter and make pizza slices. Roll slices starting at the fat end. Place the rolls point side down on the pan. Repeat with the remaining chunks.
Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise until double in size (about 20 minutes).
Preheat oven to 400. Bake rolls on bottom rack for 5 minutes then transfer to upper rack for another 8 minutes. Rolls should be golden on top but not doughy. Remove rolls from oven and slather with melted butter.
These rolls were so darn good if you ask me. They turned out better than I could have imagined. I'm so happy about this.... can you tell? Fluffy and delicate. Perfect texture and color. Give em' a try and see what you think.
5 comments:
Your rolls look heavenly! :) Aren't Sunday's just the best? Nothing better than being able to spend the day together as a family.
Yo, sista! (I am so street!)
You're blog is looking super fancy!! I love it. and those rolls look so amazing, as always. Guess i'll have to get them a go. maybe right now. yummmm.
I wanted to reach into the computer screen and try one of your yummy rolls. Guess you weren't tired of baking after making all those sweet rolls on Sat. Wish we lived closer so I could sample all your succulent food!
The rolls look delicious!
You amaze me. And you are the BEST baker ever!!!
Post a Comment