Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2009 tidbits...


2009 was a CRAZY year for us, but honestly, what year isn't? Life seems to continually speed up more and more each year. At the beginning of every year I say to myself, "This is the year I will get a handle on things" and every year we get more out of control. I guess that's LIFE.
Here is a look at our CRAZY year in a nutshell...

Joe traveled more this year than any other year in our marriage. Although we missed him, we tried to make the best of it and enjoy him while he was home.

Great family trip to Cancun in July.

Chandler had an amazing football season. 11-0 and lost in the Championship game by 1 measly point. What a character builder that was for him.

I'm obsessed with cookbooks. Love them... they inspire me.

Berkley is dancing her heart out. She's enjoying her teachers and friends so much. Emotion dance studio is one big 'happy family' and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Loved hosting an "80's rock band" in our front yard Halloween night.

Christmas in Hawaii was a dream come true. We left Christmas morning and spent 9 glorious days in the sun. Note to self... do it again!

Chandler is very responsible about doing his own laundry. I may ask him to take over my duties because he puts me to shame.

Mason basically takes care of himself. He is a very independent kid. I have to be careful because he's so darn easy, sometimes I forget he's there.

I don't do well with tattling kids. I won't tolerate it!!!!

The kids go thru phases where they fight NONSTOP. It drives me CRAZY!!!

Mason ALWAYS makes his own breakfast and usually prepares breakfast for his sisters as well. Food of choice... eggo waffles, eggs and toast or woofle eggs. We rarely eat cereal around here, although we love bringing baggies of the stuff to church to munch on during our church meetings.

Berkley is the best big sis to Bryn. She helps her with EVERYTHING and Bryn thinks Berkley is pretty cool.

Mason is an amazing gymnast. He can do a standing back tuck on the ground.

Main staples we can't live without... eggo waffles, corn dogs {can't believe I'm revealing that one}, granny bread {preferably white}, apple juice, string cheese, oatmeal {better known as 3 bears porridge} and bottled water.

Chandler passed the test and is the proud owner of a shiny new "driver's permit".

We have family night on Mondays. I always make a nice dinner and dessert for Family night. This is pretty much the only night we eat together as a family. Most nights are too crazy.

After family prayer, we put our hands together and say,"Pias together, forever, hooray! {I know it's cheesy, but we LOVE doing it!

Our family theme song is... Dare to do RIGHT! We sing it every week.

Berkley reads Bryn 3 books every night.

The kids are on a terrible sleeping schedule. I'm not very good at being mean and enforcing bedtime rules. We all have our downfalls right?

I think about my kids non stop and can't wait for them to walk thru the door.

I am now Berkley's activity day leader after serving as the Primary Chorister for 4 years. I love it!

Joe teaches Chandler's Sunday school class. Confession... I love to skip Gospel Doctorine and join Joe and Chan for their class. Joe is a very good teacher.

Chan starts high-school Lacrosse training this week.

Bryn loves preschool. She calls it her "fun school". She is always worried her teacher's will miss her when she's not there.

Chan got a job as a janitor at Butler elementary School. He works EVERYDAY after school.

Bryn takes dance twice a week.

The 3 older kids take guitar lessons together. They also practice together and sing together. It's so fun to listen to them.

I read 9 great books this year and my goal for 2010 is to read 12 great books.

Joe trained and hiked Mt. Rainier. I'm so proud of him for accomplishing his goal despite the stress and chaos of work and everything else going on in his busy life. This year he will train and hike Aucuncagua. {The training is brutal}

Chan is in the 9th grade, Berks is in 5th grade, Mason is in the 2nd grade and little Brynner's is in preschool.

I have NEVER made a sack lunch for school. My kids LOVE school lunch. Butler lunch ladies rock!

I make dinner almost every night except during the summer months.

My favorite snack foods are... black licorice {panda brand is my fave}, dark chocolate with almonds, almond butter, and dried apples with cinnamon. Mmmm......

I can't stand MILK or cereal.

I take a handful of vitamins EVERYDAY.

I'm not mentally tough when it comes to exercising daily. Any suggestions?

All my kids have a "snugly blankie" they sleep with at night.{including Joe} he he

Being a mom is the hardest job I'll EVER have, but the reward is the absolute BEST part of my life by far. I can't imagine day to day life without my four little friends. I think Joe and I would have to agree, we kind of like our family.

And there you have it. Sorry to bore the pants off most of you. I really want to remember this crazy time in my life so I can look back on it {fondly} when my kids are older and remember the good ole' days. I guess our tidbits got a little carried away this year. I have to ask myself... would I want it any other way? Probably not.



3 comments:

Brooke said...

Your family sounds AWESOME! I liked hearing a little bit about you guys. There are so many things I forget as my kids get older, good job for writing them all down. :)

Verity said...

This was awesome, Julie! And I loved all of the Hawaii recaps. What a fabulous vacation and a great memory!

Dani said...

Julie, such a good idea to write everything down simply! Fun reading too! :)

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray