Tuesday, September 23, 2008

London at its best...

Joe and I standing in front of the London Eye.We decided to go to Camden Town and check out the street vendors. This was really fun. I had to try these noodles from one of the local food vendors. It was soooo yummy.

We saw a lot of punk rockers and every nationality you can imagine was present. This was basically "people watching" at its best!





I am standing in front of Cleopatra at the British Museum. Literally! It was a little creepy, but Joe thought it would be cool to take a picture with her beside me.
Another success was going to the Sound of Music. This was so great because I grew up watching the movie. I've probably seen it 100 times at least, but seeing it for real was one of the most incredible things I've ever done. I can't tell you the effect this had on me. It literally brought back my child hood in the most wonderful way. I cried through every song. This was by far my very favorite thing I experienced on this trip.
So, let's see.....we saw Wicked & the sound of Music, the British Museum, the National Art Gallery, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, the London Dungeon, Camden Town, Big Ben, the London Bridge, Soho, 5 floors of Harrod's, every tube imaginable, all different Parks and great restaurants in 6 days... start to finish. I'd say it was a success. Although I have to say, coming home and receiving such a warm reception from my kids was one of the best rewards imaginable.
I'm quite ready for a nice relaxing winter. I think I'll start hibernating early....until next time!






No comments:

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray