It all started with homemade waffles ( they were x-tra homemade because Joe couldn't find the hand mixer, so they are hand beaten) in bed. They were really good. Joe helped get the kids ready for church, I received happy birthday phone calls and Joe cleaned up the kitchen. I would have been completely satisfied, but that's just the beginning....

After church we drove to moms house for a September birthday bash. We had 4 b-days to celebrate. First, Chelsey (favorite cousin/sis.) then, Lindsay ( darling new sis. in law), next comes Nicole (middle name, chelsey's daughter) Lastly, ME!! and this is the card/poster my mom made for us. Isn't she so cute??? You're the best, mom. She does such a great job keeping us together and we love her dearly. Everyone came for the celebration and I think I got a picture of each of you. Smile, you're going to be famous!! I love you all! Thanks for the laughs...

This is (left to right) chels, Nicole, Me & Marie finishing gifts...

This is my little brother, Jer and his wife, Linds.

Jeremy is going to kill me for posting this picture, but it's the only one I had of my favorite cousin-n-law, Taylor...sorry Jer, click on the picture to get the full effect of Jeremy's face, BTW, what are you doing?

We were so happy to see Nana Low. Doesn't she look great? She told me to snap the shot after she said, whiskey...and it worked. Thanks for coming Nana, we love you!
Joe and Marie being there normal goofy selves. These two love to crack each other up.
This is my awesome Uncle Dave. He is such a great guy and we're so glad he came for the party!

Can't forget Jen. She is so much fun and easy to talk to. She has such a positive, up beat personality...I could hang out with her all day. love you girl!

Look at all these hoodlums. Lots of fun cousins everywhere!

The kids decided to continue the fun in the water. So, we all moved outside to watch them swim in grandma Karen's pool.

Stu? or maybe Jaws? I'm not sure, but he knows who he is...

My kids love to swim, especially after eating tons of dessert.

The birthday girl finally gave me a big smile for the camera, it literally took all day.

Baxter even got to be a part of the festivities...I think he's hungry.

Now, to the good stuff....what the? Look at this thing! They have a name....Cherry bars. I have chills just thinking about it. I'm posting the recipe because I promise you're going to want to try them. These are one of my "top ten" favorite deserts of all time. Chelsey made 2 pans because, of course, one wouldn't be enough. Looks like I've got the rest of my night planned...steady....steady!

We had such a nice time. There's nothing I like more than spending time with my family. This was the best birthday ever! Thanks for coming everyone. Love you all....until next month!
Thanks for sharing Chelsey!
Cherry Bars
Thanks for sharing Chelsey!
Cherry Bars
1 ¾ C. sugar
4 eggs
4 eggs
3 C. flour
½ t. salt
21 oz. can cherry pie (chelsey uses 2 cans)
1 C. shortening (chelsey uses margarine)
1 t. vanilla
1 ½ t. baking powder
Cream together sugar and shortening, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Grease and flour jelly roll pan. Pat out 2/3 of batter into the bottom of the cookie sheet, then spread on cherries. Drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls over cherries. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Drizzle glaze on top right out of the oven.
Glaze:
1 C. powdered sugar
1-2 T. milk
1 t. almond extract
½ t. salt
21 oz. can cherry pie (chelsey uses 2 cans)
1 C. shortening (chelsey uses margarine)
1 t. vanilla
1 ½ t. baking powder
Cream together sugar and shortening, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Grease and flour jelly roll pan. Pat out 2/3 of batter into the bottom of the cookie sheet, then spread on cherries. Drop the remaining batter by spoonfuls over cherries. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Drizzle glaze on top right out of the oven.
Glaze:
1 C. powdered sugar
1-2 T. milk
1 t. almond extract
ENJOY...
1 comment:
Glad we made your day, Julie. This was a really fun party and looking forward to many more of our monthly get-togethers!
Post a Comment