Friday, May 7, 2010

Order up......

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? Right! In the Pia household, Mason is the HEAD HONCHO and in charge of breakfast. Not because I make him, but because he LOVES to cook and takes it upon himself to make a hot breakfast for him and his Sister's every morning.
Is it ok to say that my 8 year old is the best cook in the world? Cuz' he is! He really is the best. He calls up to the girls every morning and says, "What do you want for breakfast this morning?" The girls send down their reply and the cookin' starts.
The girls wanted Woofle eggs {ya know, the bread with an egg in the middle}, but Mason didn't think he'd have enough time for that, so he asked if they'd be ok with Poached Eggs and toast instead. Of course they were ok with his proposal. The girls are just happy to receive a hot meal.
So.... the magic begins. Mason informed me that there are "secrets" to a perfectly Poached Egg. Where did he learn this craft? It wasn't from me.

Not too much water, cooking it at the right temp, Not overcooking, and placing a steam shield on top. All I can say is..... Whoa!
Berkley is thrilled with her Perfectly Poached Eggs!
Bryn's waiting patiently for her Breakfast Platter.
Finally..... Mason's turn to eat. Phew....... Add a little Ketchup and the kid is on Cloud Nine!
That was certainly an easy breakfast for me. The only thing left to do is clean the pan. Can I just say? I'm so happy to clean up the mess and so grateful for this special boy. Love him!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

If that isn't the cutest thing! Maybe we'll see him on the Food Network one day! :)

Brooke said...

That is so awesome! I'm sure he got a little of that from you. You seem to be a great cook too! You should be very proud :)

Karen said...

He is so darling! What a great skill he's learning at such a young age. You better put in your order for a super Mother's Day breakfast tomorrow!

Verity said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how impressed I am by that. I need to get my kids in the kitchen more!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray