Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to you...


Someone has said, "Be kind to the Women. They constitute half of the population and are mothers to the other half."

I want to wish my Mom, CC and Nana Low a very Happy Mother's Day. These are three amazing Women. They have been wonderful examples to me throughout my life. I hope they know how much I love them and admire their soft spoken example.

To me, Mother's Day is a great time to reflect on the importance of being a devoted wife and Mother. I can't think of a greater gift. The gift of Motherhood. I'm so grateful to be a Mother and to have a wonderful Mother in my life. I love my job. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Here is a great quote by our beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley:

The true strength that is America's, the true strength of any nation, lies in those qualities of character that have been acquired for the most part by children taught in the quiet, simple, everyday manner of mothers. What Jean Paul Ritcher once declared of fathers is even more true of mothers--and I paraphrase it just a little to make the point--"What a mother says to her children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity."

Joe wished me a Happy Mother's Day with this giant bouquet of flowers and a delicious lunch. The kids wrote kind letters that I will cherish forever. Thank-You!
Grandma Karen.... We Love You!
Grandma CC.... We Love You!
Nana Low.... We Love You!
Joe and the kids made me feel really special today. Thanks guys!






There are no words to express how much I love these little people. It is a huge privilege to be their Mom. I'm so grateful for their love and example. I'm also grateful for this blog. It is so important for me to write down my thoughts and feelings. The good the bad and the ugly. I just LOVE it so much. I know I'll look back and cherish this time in my life with great fondness. Mother's ROCK!!!

"To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest that you write, that you keep journals, that express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous education effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many--now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings". ~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Happy Mother's Day to you.....




2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy mother's day to a beautiful mamma--inside and out!

Karen said...

Thanks for the great tribute to the mothers and grandmother in your life. So glad that you're such a great mother and I never have to worry about my grandchildren when they're in your care. I think blogs are great because they are like a journal of your memories and thoughts that can be shared now and in the future.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray