Monday, December 8, 2008

What a great surprise...


I have to brag about Joe for a minute or two. So, it all started Saturday morning when I was wasted after tending sick Hazel ALL NIGHT LONG, with croup.  Joe offered to take Spence to his basketball game at 8:00 a.m. Thank-you, thank-you! Then, he also offered to take Joseph to his basketball game later in the afternoon. For the love.... Thank-you! He was gone quite a while and I was getting a little nervous and then....... Joe and Joseph came whirling through the front door with this:

and this:
and this: 
I was completely in shock and wanted to know what these two hoodlums had done with my husband. I've been wanting a mirror in my dining room for 5 years and I guess today was the day he listened. The poinsettia and flowers were just an added bonus. 
Well, if you think that was nice..... I'm not quite finished.

 


So, Sunday rolls around and Hazel is still super sick. Joe offers to forgo his church duties and stay home with her. I'm telling you, I left for church with the house in complete disarray. There was literally crap everywhere.....very typical of a Sunday morning at the Pia's.
Upon my arrival home, I found Joe in the kitchen, apron on, making this delicious chocolate cream cake from scratch. Also, dinner was ready on the stove and the house was clean :)
What the @#%$$^!!!
I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll tell you what, I kind of dig my husband right now.....
and BTW, the cake was amazing and we devoured the entire thing!
Thank you Joe for your thoughtfulness and kindness. I'm on cloud nine and madly in love....

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I've been saying for years, a little help with the everyday things around the house is the greatest turn on ever. :)

Tiff said...

I better tell Brian he has some competition.

Anonymous said...

Wow-I knew there was more to him than just an accordian playing lawyer! Kudos to him, and yay for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joe. Do you give seminars on being an awesome hubby. If you do i'll sign up Daniel.

Karen said...

Wow, Julie, he's definitely a keeper!

The Muirs said...

It's amazing what they can do when they put their mind to it...way to go JOE!!! Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

kto1s said...

Is that a dream come true, or what?!? Julie, your family has grown so much since I've seen them! Such a fun blog w/ a darling family. Hope your Christmas is wonderful...

nicole b said...

That earns him some serious "best husband" points! Way to go Joe! Isn't it nice to be married to someone who treats you so well and spoils you!?! You definitely deserve it, my dear friend!

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

Okay, so is there some kind of husband training camp he attended, because if so, where can I sign my husband up for that!!! Just kidding. About my blog backgrounds, I design them. I just waste too much time playing around rather than doing the dishes!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray