Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Family Night style...

Last night was so much fun. We invited some of Joe's dearest friends and their families, from high school, over for dinner and Family Night. It was great to see everyone and amazingly enough, we were able to fit 25 bodies into our family room. 
Spence, Al Westenskow, Spencer Clegg, Joseph, Zach Parker, Jamie Mecham and Nate Scott
I asked Steve ahead of time to prepare a spiritual thought and he certainly did. It was so fun to watch his son listening intently to his story telling. Steve did a great job as usually and we all walked away feeling great. Thanks Steve!
Steve Gottfredson and his son Whit

I was actually quite amazed how well behaved the kids were during family night. Everyone sat and listened to the stories and didn't make a peep except this little cu-tie. She was the "musical number" if you will. She's almost 2 and full of life. She kept us quite entertained. 
Kristen Westenskow with Annie and Sam

The Clegg Family came all the way from New York. It was so great to see them again. Also, Merrilee with her daughter who became quick best friends with Hazel.
Merrilee Gottredson with Gracey and Brian and Holly Clegg with Hunter

Seriously, I had no idea there was another little girl JUST LIKE HAZEL. This little princess came to the party all dressed up. Hazel was so excited to have a friend and soul mate to play with. I think we'll be calling the Gottfredson's for a play date!
Hazel and Gracey
Well, these three gentlemen have been BFF's since 7th grade. We try to get our families together at least once a year and the Holidays seem to work well. It's fun and not so fun to let these boys loose, together, to hear their reminiscing of the good ole' days. They laugh themselves into a stupor. It's pretty comical and I'm thrilled they've stayed so close over the years.  
Steve, Al and Joe
Thanks for coming everyone! We missed those who were unable to make it. Hopefully we'll see you next year!


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Everyone looks so great! We were sad to have missed out. Maybe we can plan something for this summer? We're coming in June for 2 weeks to bless the baby and for vacation.
So fun to see everyone looking so happy.

Verity said...

It was so fun to see those pictures! I still remember the "family night" Jason and I went to at Al and Kristen's a few years back. What a miracle to have such long-lasting, tight friendships!

Blanck said...

YOu always have a house full of loved ones. YOu must be fun to be with :) that I know

kto1s said...

Fun to have an Al & Kristen spotting! Casey's cousins are some of my favorite people on this earth. Lucky, both of us, to have them in our lives. Hope your holidays were lovely!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray