Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Great!



Well, today has been an interesting day for me and Hazel. I've been a busy little bee in the kitchen trying to prepare for the BIG feast. Hmmm..... it occurs to me that I haven't seen Hazel in a while. Oh Great! I know what this means. There's a big "A" mess somewhere in my home. So, I go on a search and it doesn't take long to find the disaster area. Hazel decided to get into my make-up and dump a bottle of Brown glitter eyeshadow (brand new bottle) all over her and the cute pink rug in her play room. I took one look at the mess and lost it. I scolded her and put her in her room to think about what she had done. 

Next thing I know, Hazel is peeking around the corner, trying to get my attention. Once she sees me noticing her, She comes running to me, wraps her arms around me and says,
 "momma, I forgive you". 
What? My heart just melted and I'm not upset AT ALL. O'well, the rug is ruined and my make-up is completely gone, but I love this little sweet heart so much and I'm thankful for her impeccable timing. Let's get back to baking shall we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a funny story. Sorry about the rug and the makeup. I love what she said. So cute!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Karen said...

I remember when I was angry with her when she did some mischievious things at my house and she kept saying, "are you happy now?" When Jeremy was little, he broke my bear cookie jar and after I scolded him he said, "do you love that cookie jar more than you love me?" Of course, at that moment, I did. Kids have a way of melting your heart!

nicole b said...

oooh, I know that feeling! I'm sure Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he made children so irresistable--to save them from being beaten when they are naughty!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray