What an eventful Saturday....
It all started with a "Girls on the Run" 5k at Sugar house Park. This is such a wonderful program geared for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade girls learning about self esteem, nutrition and all around health. The goal, for the girls, is to take classes every Tuesday and Thursday after school and then run a 5k race at the end of the season. I feel very passionate about this program because I think we have a problem with kids not understanding the basic concept of Healthy food choices, nutrition and fitness.....it scares me.
This is the 3rd season I've participated in this cause. I plan to continue supporting it for many years to come..... As a running buddy, my job is to encourage my girl in a practice run and then during the final 5k. I run with her and push her to reach her highest potential. This year we had about 90 girls. (it's growing every year) These are just a few of the running girls from Backman Elementary School.
My friend in blue (Angie Welder) is the director of Girls on the run for Utah. She is an amazing lady and a wonderful example to the girls. Also, Tiff joined us this year....... I think she's hooked!
This is my sweet girl, Alex.... I have to brag about her for a minute. Alex ran her 5k in 31 minutes coming in 5th place..... just under 10 minute miles. Did I mention she's in 5th grade? I was soooooo proud of her and fell in love instantly. If you are interested in joining the Girls on the run team and becoming a running buddy, go to www. girlsontherunsaltlake.org
I promise, you won't regret it!
After the 5k, Angie, Tiff and I raced home to get ready for another VERY important event.
The Annual Chocolate Show
Have you heard of a Chocolate hangover?? Well, I think that's exactly what I'm experiencing right now. Headache, hands shaking, and extremely sleepy...... I never thought I could tire of Chocolate, but I HAVE! Check out the shelves of chocolate in this picture...... it was truly amazing!
We had such a great time devouring every vendor's chocolate. We even went back for seconds.
Me..... Angie......Tiff..... in Heaven.....
Awe..... for the love of chocolate....

3 comments:
Julie, I'm so glad to know that you have a blog! I've loved surfing through it, seeing your adorable family, and hearing what you guys have been up to! You are amazing!
Hey julie! I didn't know you had a blog! So happy to see more of you! :)
You totally crack me up! I thought you were on this no sugar thing...now you're back to eating chocolate???
I want to thank you for all your words of uplifting wisdom that you leave on my blog. Thank you for being such a great friend. I still cannot believe how connected I feel and felt meeting you just that one time! I truly feel are souls have met before! Let's you and me meet for lunch after Thanksgiving...you in???
Post a Comment