Tuesday, May 10, 2011

hairspray giveaway...





I have a super fun giveaway for you today. I've NEVER actually hosted a giveaway and I'm not sure how this works, but here goes nothing!

I frequent the beauty supply and yesterday as I was frolicking down the isles in a euphoric stupor,  I stumbled upon "THE DEAL OF THE DAY" as I like to call it!!!! 

Salon Centric was having an AMAZING hairspray sale on some of my favorite cans of spray. I quickly filled my cart,  like a mad woman ready for a famine, and headed to the checkout line. When I got home I realized how insane it was for me to buy soooooo many cans of hairspray. It's actually one of my husband's biggest pet peeves. He hates seeing 90 bottles of shampoo lined up in the shower. He absolutely HATES it!!!

Here's the problem... when I find a good deal, I tend to stock up. Way up. I'm almost certain all you hair-stylists out there know exactly what I'm talking about. Am I right?

So... the bottom line is, I bought WAY too many cans of hairspray and I'm doing a little giveaway to lighten my load before the hubby has a complete MELT DOWN! 

I have two options for you. A bottle of Redken's Forceful 23 or Vavoom's freezing spray. Both are great products and I really want YOU to win!

Here's how you enter...

  • Leave a comment telling me which bottle of hairspray you would prefer and what your FAVORITE styling product is at the moment.  I will announce (2) winners on Monday May 16th. 


  • For a second entry... look for the FOLLOW button on my sidebar and click it. I'd love nothing more than to know that more than 7 people follow this blog. Although,  I'm definitely not discounting those 7 amazing individuals that already follow. I love, love, love blog BFF's!!!!
    Once you've officially FOLLOWED... you can add a second comment entry. 


Make sure you leave your name and email address so I know how to contact you when you win. 


Good luck!




Forceful 23 hairspray



Contains exclusive Shine-Charged Technology to ignite shine and lock out humidity with 24 hour humidity resistance and 8 hour control
 Ultra fast-drying, water-free formula
 Provides lasting lift, maximum control and shape memory
 Clean, brushable, touchable hold with a clean, shiny finish
 Delivers a frizz-free shiny finish
 Anti-static, no-flaking, no residue
 Can be layered for increased control up to two levels



Freezing Spray



Freezing Spray Extra-Firm
  • Locks in volume, texture and lift
  • Extra firm, fast-drying
  • Incredible shine

14 comments:

n@ said...

Your so cute Julie... I will buy one of the bottles from you! I need some new hairspray! :) My favorite is whatever one you tell me to get at the moment. lol!

Karen said...

Can moms enter to win? I noticed the other day, my hairspray is almost gone! I don't like too much hold so maybe the Force 23 one. Of course if you have that much hairspray, I'll sneak one out the next time I visit - you probably won't notice! And I'd be doing Joe a favor!!!

Brooke said...

HOw funny that I am your first comment ;) Yes, I would love a can of hairspray, just to get it off your hands and make your husband happy. I think I would like the Redkin forceful 23. Great, unique giveaway. Fun, fun.
spencerandbrooke@gmail.com

Brooke said...

NOw I am your 8th follower! So here is my second entry. wonderful.

Stacey said...

Julie, I've been reading your blog for a few months now...it's been fun to keep up on your family! The kids are all so grown up!

I am now a formal follower!

Stacey
s.mcallister83@gmail.com

Stacey said...

I am getting married in 5 months, and have HATED using hairspray normally. However, I know that there's no way around it for the wedding...I think either would be put to great use for the "big day." I think I would prefer the Forceful 23.

Stacey
s.mcallister83@gmail.com

julievonblom said...

Well..I love both!...You are the very one who turned me onto Kenra hair spray! I LOVE hair sprays.And yes I 92 bottles in my bathroom....Lucky for my husband ..we do not share a bathroom!

Natalie said...

I've tried the Redken and liked it, but I haven't tried the Matrix-- love either!!! I love Bumble and Bumbles Styling Cream.

Natalie said...

I am a follower.......

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about hairspray...have you ever seen my thick luscious hair! Just kidding! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and silly me. I thought I was a follower...now I am officially one! :) Oh and BTW, we're working on the cover for the cookbook. When do you need it by???

Kathy said...

I have sworn by Brocato Holdon for 18 years. I buy it by the gallon (a year + supply.) :) It is the ONLY gel I've ever found that locks in my curl and keeps it from frizzing out! I am their best advertiser for curly headed gals that stop me on the street. :)
I would love the forceful 23 hairspray since I live in the part of the country with miserable HUMIDITY. My curl is out of control in St Louis, so help a girl out. LOL

Kathy said...

And yes, now I am an official follower rather than the unofficial follower I've been for years. Hehe

Lisa R.D. said...

I just became an official follower... and I would love either can. I am always in search of the perfect hairspray (sort of like the elusive perfect pair of jeans... some day I will find them!). As for MY favorite beauty product, I am pretty low key, but I love my exfoliating make-up removing towelettes from Target. I think right now it's my ONLY beauty product. I need to get it in gear. Perhaps winning a bottle of hairspray will be the push I need to get moving on something?!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray