Well cute little Brynerz has been begging Joe and I to play soccer lately. I mean BEGGING! Like reminding-us-every-five-seconds-of-every-day begging. I've told her over and over I'd sign her up in the fall so she can at least try it out to see what she thinks. She's never even kicked a soccer ball for crying out loud. So I've been a little leery to sign her up without knowing for sure.
Well last week we had dinner with some friends at the Cottonwood club and come to find out... The husband is a soccer coach and coaches his 6 year old daughter's team. I think it might've been fate. He asked if Bryn would like to join his team (apparently coaches can do that sort of thing). I was THRILLED to say the least and couldn't wait to run home and tell Brynerz the good news.
I was a little nervous for Bryn because she hadn't been to a single practice and her first game was on Tuesday. Talk about baptism by fire. We were a bit skeptical of her soccer playing abilities at this point and apologized to the coach ahead of time. hee hee
Come to find out... This girl can play soccer. It was awesome and the coach loved her. She's aggressive, and not afraid of the ball or anyone in her path.
She couldn't keep her tongue in her mouth. She was concentrating so hard, it was really cute.
Just look at that cute lil' bod.
She stayed right by her coach while on the side-line.
Ouch... I think these two bonked heads.
There she goes...
This picture says it all.... "Mom, I told you I could play soccer"!!!!
Game over... time for snacks.
She made instant friends with the girls on her team. They were all holding hands like they'd been friends forever. Looks like we're a soccer family now. Ha! We can't wait to watch her play again. I'm so grateful to the Rock's for letting her join their sweet team half way thru the season.
We sure love that little Bryn of ours!
xoxo





1 comment:
These pictures are so darn cute. She's so athletic, I'll bet she could play any sport. She's been dragged to so many of her sibling's games, bet she's glad to finally be the center of attention!
Post a Comment