Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Girls on the run coaching opportunities...

I'm such a HUGE fan of the girls on the run program. I've been a part of this program for years now and I'm always impressed with the girls, coaches and the organization as a whole. If I had more time in my life, I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be a coach, but unfortunately for me, life is way too crazy right now. Maybe down the road I'll think differently, but for now, being a running buddy is the best I can do. I sure like the idea of getting paid to play though. Don't you?


The GOTR organization is looking for new coaches to head up another Salt Lake GOTR chapter. I want to throw this out there because if you feel like getting involved with this program, NOW IS THE TIME!!!!! Please read thru this post to find out more about the program and contact info if you're interested. You can change the world one girl at a time. The reward is 10 fold. Plus... you will personally learn and grow so much from this amazing program and even more from these amazing girls. If you're even remotely interested, MAKE THE CALL! Just talk to Shelley and she can give you the details. I can promise you this... you won't regret it!


Click HERE to read about one of my past experiences with GOTR. And HERE to learn more about the program.


For the Utah readers, Girls On The Run (GOTR) Utah is in need of coaches (Head and Assistant) for our Salt Lake Chapter (non-Utahn’s check out Girls On the Run and find your local chapter here)! GOTR is a super-neat organization that I am passionate about.

Girls on the Run is looking for volunteer coaches for our Spring Session which will run March 1st-May 31st. The session will culminate with a 5k race event at Sugar House Park on May 14th. Coaches training will take place on February 12th @ The Rowland Hall Lower School. We have grown to twenty sites this spring and are excited to invite you to participate.

Girls on the Run is a national non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization formed in 1996 and is the parent organization to more than 173 councils in 43 states. We reach 80,000 girls per year, and 1/3 of our participants, nationally and locally, are on some form of scholarship.

Girls on the Run Salt Lake County started in 2007 and now reaches over 300 girls and their families per session (fall and spring). Our mission is to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. This positive youth development program inspires third through fifth grade girls to stay true to themselves and live free from societal stereotypes. Each session is lead by trained coaches that guide and mentor the girls through a fun and uplifting curriculum. The 12-week program concludes with all participants walking or running in a 5K (3.1 mile) event.

The following schools have coaching positions available:

Cosgriff (2335 Redondo Ave – approx. 2100 E. 2100 S.) Friday 12:30-2:30 *1 assistant coach

Nibley Park (2785 South 800 East) Tuesday/Thursday 3:00-4:00 * 1 head coach and 1 assistant coach

Franklin (1115 West 300 South) Tuesday/Wednesday 2:30-3:30 * 1 head and 1 assistant coach

Whittier (16th South 300 East) Wednesday 3:00-5:00 *1 head coach

Edison (466 South Cheyenne – 4th S. 1700 W.) Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-4:30 *1 head coach

If you are intersted in getting involved – at any level – contact Program Director Shelley Snow atShelley@girlsontherunsaltlake.org or call her at (801) 918-1050!

1 comment:

Angie W. said...

Thanks J...you're the BEST!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray