Tuesday, February 23, 2010

spending hiatus.... I think I can, I think I can

The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.

Who doesn't LOVE a good challenge right? I've decided to take a CRAZY hard challenge from my darling friend Emily. Check her out HERE. She is going on a non-spending hiatus and I'm jumping on board. Feel free to join in the fun.... YES, this is going to be fun! It's going to require a whole lot of discipline and hard work on my part, but I have a feeling.... it will make my husband so darn happy and pay off big time.

Here's the deal. Starting March 1 thru May 1, I'll be avoiding every kind of store known to man {excluding grocery stores, of course}. No shopping AT ALL. I'm pretty sure I have enough CRAP in my house to sustain us for at least a year, let alone two months. Those of you who know me well are probably laughing so hard you're crying right now, but let me assure you, I CAN DO THIS! I'm kind of an ALL or NOTHING kind of gal. When I'm on, I'm so ON.

I feel inspired and excited and nervous and sort of giddy all at the same time. Think I'm CRAZY? I know I'm CRAZY and I LOVE it!

I've spent the last month purging and cleaning every nook & cranny of my house. I'm talking every closet, cupboard and drawer and it feels darn good. I'm not about to bring more junk back into my home to replace the old junk. The only room I haven't tackled yet is the garage. And believe me, as soon as the weather permits, I'll be getting that sucker spotless as well.

Emily was inspired by a blog called Simple Lovely. Check her out HERE and HERE to get yourself motivated. You can do it. The more, the merrier. Misery loves company right?

Oh and Emily.... YOU'RE on girlfriend! Let the hiatus begin....



5 comments:

Karen said...

I don't know - 2 months is a long time. But Joe will love it. Maybe you can change the word hiatus to spree after depriving yourself for that long!

embot said...

Well put! So, do you think we'll have a spaz out shopping spree on May 2? probably. haha.

Angie said...

Good for you! We have 4 days to shop then, right? :)

Kaci said...

Holy heck woman, I could never do it! Well, maybe I could, as long as online shopping doesn't count! By the way, I am loving the new family pictures on your blog!!!!!!

Dani said...

Alright Julie .. I'm totally taking the challenge. And stealing the link off your blog :) - I'm excited, we'll see how much money I can save!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray