Friday, February 26, 2010

loving this weather....


Do you feel it? ...... Spring is in the air today, isn't it? Ahhh.... It sure feels nice outside.

The kids got out of school early on Thursday and had Friday completely off, so..... we've been playing like crazy. We made Shrinky-dinks with a bunch of mis-matched leftovers. I don't think the kids ever tire of these things. They spent a good hour coloring, cutting and watching them magically shrink in the oven.

While the kids were hard at work making their masterpieces, I decided to make a few bows for Bryn's hair. I'm definitely NOT an expert bow maker, but I sure enjoy making them and it's actually quite relaxing. I think they turned out pretty cute.









I'm currently the Activity Day Leader for Berkley's age group {best calling in the world} and today we made HOMEMADE SOAP. It was so much fun! The girls were in Heaven with this activity because they got to be super creative and design, color and create the most beautiful soaps you've ever seen. And they smelled delicious too. I don't think they'll ever forget this fun day. I know I won't! Hopefully they'll be scrubbing up tonight with their creations.






Look how darling they turned out!
I sure love these girls. They are ALL super sweet and nice to one another. They say the funniest things and crack me up constantly. Seriously, I could hang out with them all day long and have a total blast.
I am so grateful for long weekends full of laughter and fun. The kids and I both LOVE when the weather decides to cooperate with us. They've been running around, playing outside ALL DAY and I have a feeling they're going to drop into bed tonight without a peep. YAY! Today was a VERY good day!






3 comments:

Angie W. said...

LOVE those bows! Thinking Abby would look so cute with some (hint, hint!!)

Karen said...

The bows and soaps are so cute - thinkin' you could start a new business - Clean & Cute! It was so nice yesterday, I did some cleaning up in the yard - felt so good to feel some warmth!

n@ said...

We are definitely going to do that!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray