Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trip to the Yucatan Penninsula......

As much as I love going on summer vacations and exploring our beautiful world, there's nothing better than the good ole' USA. The smells, the food, the cleanliness factor and the fact that I felt a constant urge to know where my kids were at all times.

 Anyway, we had an amazing trip to Mexico and we bonded with our Pia cousins. 
Our grandma Vovo paid for the entire vacation. 50 cousins and relatives, airfare and all-inclusive resort, FREE!!! 
I don't know how we'll ever repay her, but she is a saint and one of the most generous ladies I've ever met. 

Here are a few pictures from our adventure!

This picture was taken at the Salt Lake airport. We were waiting to check our luggage and Hazel was tuckered out. Or acting like a little princess!
The bus ride to the Flamenco Occidental was about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Luckily the A.C. was on full blast. By this time, Hazel was well into a deep slumber...Yeah!
Upon arrival, we were so excited to see the ocean, we couldn't wait and jumped right in....

The family picture at Playa Del Carmen
My girls had so much fun at the beach. They spent hours in the sand.....

Handsome Spence at Xcaret
Daddy and Hazel
Joseph struttin' his stuff.....
Marie and I went swimming with the dolphins at Xcaret. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. My cousin has the pictures, but I'll post them as soon as I get them.
Pretty girl....... want a braid? The people of Playa were so intrigued by these blond hair, blue eyed girls. We got stopped wherever we went. Locals would literally walk up to them and pet their faces. It was CRAZY!!
Another highlight for me was eating fresh Mango and tacos on the streets of playa....... it was sooooooo good!
Cute cousins
Marie and her daddy
My girls and I.....
I love this picture of my oldest and youngest together, goofing around!
My girls.....
Marie and her cousin Daisy. These two girls were inseparable. 
We love our California cousins.
Can't wait to see them again......
Spence and his cousin Frank. Also inseparable.....
My kids got along surprisingly well. It was a great vacation!
My little princess loves posing for the camera.
 I love this picture..... look at her pinkie!
The kids loved painting pottery. It was gorgeous and a fun little break from the beach
Vovo really knows how to treat us right. She also gave us gift bags full of shirts and jewelry. 
She's amazing!
Vovo with a few of her great-grandchildren
More cousins with Vovo..... aren't they beautiful?
C.C. my girls and I....
I decided to live in the moment and get my hair braided as well. 
It hurt so darn bad and I'm positive I'll never do it again, but I'm glad I had that experience!
Danny, Ju-ju and baby LeRoy in Playa
I love this little pumpkin. He is the happiest baby ever!
Joseph, Vinny and Max in Playa. They went fishing in the ocean and had a great time!
Shopping in Playa with my kiddos
What can I say? She's a natural

We are happy and sad to leave Mexico. We had such a great time. This was our kids first plain ride and I'm glad we got to experience it as a family. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cancun. It looks like you guys had a great time. We got our hair braided there too and it does hurt like h***. Check your kids hair for bumps. My friends kids got a staph infection from the really sanitary combs they use. I love all your pictures.

Britney said...

WOW! That looks super fun! What awesome pictures and what a great chance to vacation with the whole extended family. Lots of fun memories for sure!

Karen said...

What darling pictures. Looks soooo fun and great bonding time with the Pia clan. You all looked so cute in your braids. I keep thinking about the scary time with Bryn. Glad you all made it home safe and sound.

nicole b said...

what a great trip! so glad you're back safely. maybe sometime in August we'll both be in town at the same time and we can do a little neighbor bbq!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray