I'm in the mood to Bake....Bake....Bake....!

Yummy Banana Bread
1 Cup butter, melted
2 Cups white sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3 Cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Cup sour cream
4 medium bananas, mashed
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 9x5 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pans.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaves in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
ENJOY!

I love this roll recipe, although, I like to make cinnamon rolls out of the dough. They are to die for. Sometimes I like to split the dough in half and make half rolls, half cinnamon rolls. If you decide to make cinnamon rolls, you'll need to follow these directions. Once you've punched down the dough for the second time, you'll roll out dough and spread 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. Roll up, cut and lay on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled and bake. Spread your choice of icing over rolls when slightly cooled. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have!
Crazy quilt rolls
2 Cups milk-scalded and cooled
1/4 cup sugar
1 rounded tablespoon SAF instant yeast
1/3 cup butter- cut into pieces and add to scalded milk when hot
4-5 cups flour to make soft dough
1 egg- room temperature
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1. Scald milk and add butter and cool.
2. Add yeast to 2 oz. warm water and stir to dissolve
3. Add 2 cups of flour into your Bosch mixer, then the milk mixture, sugar, yeast, egg; stir then add salt last.
4. Mix and combine all ingredients until wet and add enough flour for a sticky dough and mix on FIRST SPEED for 3 minutes then on SECOND SPEED for 3 1/2 minutes or until dough is soft and supple. Add only enough flour as needed. Scrap into a ball and place into a container that has been sprayed with cooking spray and cover with saran wrap. Let rise until almost doubled and punch down dough. Let rise again until doubled and then turn dough onto a floured surface and lightly roll out. Brush with butter and cut with pizza cutter. Place pieces on a cake pan that has been buttered well overlapping pieces of dough and drizzle with butter, cover with saran wrap until almost doubled.
5. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

3 comments:
Looks good. I just never make that stuff, because I'm the only one that eats it.
Yum - those cinnamon rolls look delicious. You should bring those next week. Wish we lived closer so I could sample all your goodies!
yummy. I need me some treats, julie. wanna come to Cali?
Post a Comment