
I thought it would be appropriate to share my
"Honey Candy"
recipe with you because this is what the Pioneer children would make while traveling across the plains from Illinois to Utah.
I made it for the primary children on Sunday and they really enjoyed it.
It's super easy to make and your little ones can get involved by pulling the candy after it cools.
Plus, it's a great opportunity to explain our Mormon heritage and why we live in Utah!
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup heavy cream
2 Cups honey
Mix ingredients together in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat until you reach a
HARD BALL stage.
Grease a jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Pour candy onto cooking sheet and let cool. When the candy is cool enough to handle, START PULLING. The candy should turn from a dark caramel color to a light tan. Lastly, cut into bite size pieces and wrap in wax paper. Enjoy!
P.S. If the candy starts to harden too much while you're pulling it, stick it in the microwave for 20 seconds and continue pulling.
6 comments:
You always have such fun recipes to do with the kids...we made your lollipops one day and had a ball.
happy b-day to our buddy. I remember him at your sealing...at the alter with you and Joe. Oh my goodness, sweetest moment!!! He is such a great kid. You've done a wonderful job!
Umm this sounds so simple and so yummy. I really need to try this recipe. Thanks for stopping by my site and the beautiful comment. I hope you come back again. You kids are so precious.
How fun. I'll have to try this next time I have some little nieces and nephews over to help pull. You always have great recipes.
Sounds like a fun recipe to make and yummy. The boys are having so much fun and are being very polite and helpful. We put them to work today for a couple of hours on our yard. Tell you more about it when we get back.
I remember making this candy when I was a child it has been along time thanks for sharing the recipe.
Sorry if I scared you at the mall as I past I am going I know her. I don't quite know what came over me I am not usually like that. I was sure fun to meet your great Hugs.
This stuff is GOOD! You can bring it to primary anytime. You do so many fun things with the kids...
Post a Comment