Thursday, May 28, 2009


With summer just around the corner, I thought I'd share one of my favorite dessert recipes with you. Maybe you've tried it, maybe you haven't. Either way, it's a win, win dessert.
My friend Mary asked if I had this particular recipe and it made me realize how excited I was for summer and BBQ's and desserts and late night lounging with no schedule.
 Ahhhh.......  I can't wait! So..... here it is, in all it's glory. Probably one of the best summer dessert recipes I've tried. It's always a hit. Hope you'll try it! 
Happy Summer!



Ice-cream sandwich dessert

 1 cube butter
¼ C. sliced almonds
1 C. angel flake coconut
1 C. rice krispies
1 C. chopped pecans
¾ C. brown sugar
½ gal. softened vanilla ice-cream, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a cherry J

  spread butter, coconut, pecans, almonds and rice krispies on cookie sheet; bake at 450 for 5-7 minutes. Stir 4 times. Try to keep even after stirring and watch carefully to prevent burning. Remove from oven and add brown sugar right on cookie sheet and mix around. Take out half the mixture to use as topping. Place half mixture in
 9 x 13” pan. Put in freezer for about an hour so it won’t move. Top with ice cream. Sprinkle rest of crumb mixture on top. Cover with foil and store in freezer. Top with hot fudge to serve. Add a little whipped cream and a cherry, if you need more decadence. Serves 10-12

3 comments:

The Peach.... said...

Hi Julie! I am going to have to try your recipe...I have one similar to this except you mix some cinnamon into the vanilla ice cream before you spread it on...and cover with caramel sauce instead of choc. sauce. Either one is fabulous! Can't wait for lazy summer days either!

Mariposa said...

oh i LOVE you!!! thanks for posting it here...now no need to remember that silly email address! It was so fun to see you and catch up. Sorry your baby was feeling so tired! Tillie was devastated when you left "she wants to take me to the park!" perhaps some other time! take care, darling

Netts Nook said...

Julie that sounds and looks perfect putting this on the keeper list. PERFECT.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray