Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Be my Valentine...


Valentine's Day is well on it's way, so I thought I'd show you what we've been doing. My kids are required to make a Valentine Box for school each year, but this year, there was a twist. The idea of making a simple "shoe-box" for their Valentine's is so yesterday and the event has turned into an "all out" competition, with categories. CATEGORIES!?!? 

I'm a little perplexed by the whole thing, but at the same time, my creative side is saying, "BRING IT" and Oh how we brought it! My kids are so proud and we had a great time being together as a family. Minus the dad who is in London/Paris for the week, but that's another story!

This was our blank canvas...
(gotta love Walmart 4.00$)
We applied Mod Pod to the entire canvas, then ripped pretty papers and placed them thoughtfully onto the mailbox. This was the hardest part, but looked great and made the boxes.
The final products. 
We're so proud! We'd BETTER see some awards come our way. haha I'm just saying....
Front view...
Gosh, I really wish I had a better camera for blogging. The V-boxes are so lovely, but these pictures do them little justice. You'll have to take my word for it when I say, "WINNERS"!
Let the competitions begin....

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow! That is impressive!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray