Last night around 6:00, we loaded up the car and headed for the airport. Joe's been on a business trip for the past week and we've missed him so much. The kids were so excited to see him! The anticipation was so thick, I could have scraped it off my windshield. Luckily, Joe's plane was on time and we only had to wait a few moments. Joe was in London for the majority of his stay, but jumped over to Paris for the last few days. He brought the kids some fun little gifts. I love that he was on a business trip, yet was so thoughtful to find gifts for me and the kids. We are so lucky to have such a great guy in our lives.
For me: He brought fine truffles, cheeses, crackers, spicy mustard, rose petal jelly and cookies from one of the oldest establishments in London, Fortnum & Mason. The food was delicious, but the real treat to behold, is the lovely and unique packaging. This store, located in the Piccadilly district, was established in 1707. I got to visit a few months ago and it was glorious. The recipes and canisters are original and haven't changed since they opened, so long ago. The yellow canister is called "Lucifer's" devilishly deceptive Ginger & Chilli biscuits. Fun huh?
For Marie: A lovely little glass, hand-painted jewelry box,
and a hot pink purse from Paris.
For Spence: A beanie, a bike lock, and a spinning top.
Spence loves the little trinket type of gifts.
For Joseph: A new sweater and hat from Lilly whites, a huge sporting goods store in London.
For Hazel: A pink barking poodle from the largest toy store in London. Check it out here.
Hamleys, Est. in 1760.
The kids are happy, the mommy is happy and the daddy is glad to be home.
**Side note...
My kids are suffering from severe, dry, chapped lips. Anyone know of a quick remedy?
9 comments:
Looks like Christmas at your house I am glad you got your belated Valentines. Hugs
aquaphor
aquaphor
Cute hubby! I'm glad he's home for your sake. Try Keihl's lip moisturizer. You get it at Nordstrom by the make-up counters and it will run you about $8. I have had good luck with it. Good luck to you!
There is nothing like driving to the airport anticipating the arrival of someone you love. I remember going to get my dad from the airport all the time as a young girl. It felt like the longest drive! :)
For dry lips . . . I have heard to used Lanolin. (This is usually used for breastfeeding mothers who get chapped, but I have heard that it works wonders on your lips too. You can buy it almost anywhere. I know they sell it at Wal-Mart, and a little bit goes a long way.) Hope this helps!
I hate having Jared gone, but must admit having him return home is totally worth the wait...nothing like welcoming home the one you love and knowing that you really just can't live without the other.
Aquaphor is great...put it on when they are asleep. It looks like they lick their lips and that just makes it worse. The aquaphor gives a nice barrier.
What wonderful surprises! Love London and British chocolates. What a thoughtful husband and daddy! I'm very impressed at what he picked out for the kids...so perfect for each of them! :)
i was going to say aquaphor also but someone beat me to it! also mix it with your favorite lotion and your skin will not get dry.
I don't even know how I found your blog. It was from a friend's friend's friend's I'm sure.
But I just have to say: We use Lansinoh brand Lanolin for cracked lips. It is what mothers use when breastfeeding (I know GROSS) but it is the best for super dry chapped lips. WE call it "boobie cream" at our house and my construction worker hubby even uses it. It's that good.
Post a Comment