Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How do you want to be remembered?

Carol posed a thought provoking question to our family last night.


How do you want to be remembered?



We gathered at the cemetery yesterday and CC shared stories about her great-grandparents, grandparents,  parents and husband along with pictures. What a special time for my kids to learn about their heritage.  The general theme was service. I love hearing about the wonderful examples of loved ones that lived such great lives, full of hard work, sacrifice & service.


Joe's dad passed away 14 years ago, but is remembered by many. This past April, he was given a high honor. It's called the LeRoy J. Pia Conservation Award. It's an award named after him because he was a passionate outdoorsman and loved & respected the world around him. He was the Utah Open Lands' first chairman. This award will be given to a special recipient each year for leading conservationist efforts in the State of Utah. What an honor and what a great man!


I'm grateful and proud to be apart of this family. 















baby molly






















How do you want to be remembered?

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's a great tradition and wonderful honor for Joe's dad. Sure wish we could all have known him. I often think we should meet at Grandpa's grave and talk about our memories of him but I tend to avoid situations that make me cry. Maybe someday we'll do that.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray