Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tuscan beef stew and the inventor of the TV

I love shopping at Macey's grocery store for so many reasons. One of my favorites being their "Family value meals" section. I'm starting to become addicted to the convenience of it all. So as you walk into Macey's you will most likely find a small refrigerator section with Macey's "meal of the week" inside. So far, I've had great success with the meals they've offered. 


I love to cook for my family but I also love convenience and price. Our family LOVED the Tuscan beef stew last night.  And I loved the convenience of a quick meal in/quick meal out, crock-pot recipe.  The entire meal cost $14.00 for a family of 6. Including rolls and soda. Crazy eh? That's $2.33 a person. It was so flavorful and yummy. Everyone wins!


Love you Macey's... you did it again!






Tuscan Beef Stew


1 can tomato soup
1 can beef broth
1 can diced italian tomatoes
1 lb. baby carrots
2 lbs. beef for stew
2 cans great northern beans
1 t. Italian seasoning
1/2 t. garlic powder


Stir in crock pot 1 can tomato soup, 1 can beef broth, 1/2 C. water and 1 can Italian diced tomatoes.
Add 1 t. Italian seasoning, 1/2 t. garlic powder, 1 lb. carrots and 2 lbs. beef stew meat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours (or HIGH for 4-5 hours) until beef is fork-tender.
Drain and rinse 2 cans of Great Northern beans.
Stir in the beans. Increase heat to HIGH. Cook for 10 minutes or until stew is hot.




Next on my list to try... Chicken Enchilada casserole!


Cute Mason had an oral book report today on the inventor of the TV, Philo Farnsworth. The kids were asked to dress as if they were that person. I'm convinced my son is Philo. What do you think?






Read more about this book HERE.

Gotta love the slicked back hair... Good luck Mason!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! He was a brilliant man. He was my grandmas brother. Anyway way to go Mason.

Dave Muir

Karen said...

Mason is so dang cute - wish I could have been there to hear his report - he'll have to give it to us next time we're there!

Madame Thermomix said...

Great idea to put beans in the Tuscan beef stew! I've been searching for a good recipe to use for an Italian wine tasting dinner for 50 people here in Tongham, Surrey, England, and I'm definitely going to add beans! Thanks for the inspiration and for a nice blog about a nice family.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray