I can't believe this day has finally arrived. This is HUGE!!! A HUGE HUGE day!!! Today is the first day in over 6 months that I have been able to BAKE. Yep, that's right! We've been in such a mess over here and it's finally coming to an end. Our kitchen is almost finished minus a few little odds and ends left to do. My pots and pans are safely nestled in their new home and my pantry is chock full of baking necessities.
So... After a 6 month cooking/baking sabbatical, what shall I bake??? I've been super giddy the past few days and my heart rate has spiked just thinking about cookies & cakes & muffins & brunch & pretty much EVERYTHING to do with FOOD!!!
I decided to be creative {why not?} and come up with a fancy concoction of my own for the big reveal.
What happens when you mix sugar cookie dough and chocolate chips?
HEAVEN!
Holy smokes... why hadn't I thought of this before?
So here it is... chocolate chip sugar cookies... ENJOY!
7 Cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
4 sticks butter, softened {I used 2 sticks margarine, 2 sticks butter}
2 1/2 Cups brown sugar
2 Cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 package chocolate chips {I used 1/2 milk & 1/2 semi-sweet}
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream both sugars and butter in a large mixer for about 5 minutes. You want to make sure the sugars completely dissolve and the butter is whipped. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Reduce speed and add dry ingredients. Do not mix dry ingredients longer than 10 seconds. This is important! Fold in your chocolate chips at the end without mixing.
Scoop large mounds of dough onto cookie sheet. I use an ice-cream scoop. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. The dough may look under cooked, but DON'T WORRY... it's perfect. It will cook for another minute in the pan.
Let me know what you think... Is it a keeper?
My kids sure think so...
4 comments:
Yum-- can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen!
Congrats on your new kitchen! The cookies look delicious.
A GREAT BIG HOORAY SHOUTOUT TO YOU!!!!! Don't want to rub it in but we built our whole entire house in just 3 months more than it took to remodel your kitchen. Rubadubdub!
Yeah for a new kitchen!! Can't wait for the virtual tour!!! Love the cookie recipe too, Thanks :)
Post a Comment