Monday, March 21, 2011

Officially 6

Bryn was born March 20 at 11:58 pm. My kids love to tease her about not turning 6 until midnight. It makes her sooooooo MAD. It's so mean. Then everyone says... Just kidding, hugs her and tells her she's "officially" 6.

Today was such an emotional day for me. I'm having a hard time letting my kids grow up. I really, really want to freeze them at this stage right now. To me... they are PERFECT! 
We decided to take the kids to brunch at the Cottonwood Club for Bryn's Birthday. It was so lovely and peaceful. We sat by the fire and talked about Bryn and the many things we love about her. She was beaming! 
Is it just me or are my kids looking really old these days? I guess that's a good thing, but I would prefer they stay looking YOUNG. I don't love this growing up thing. Looking back from the start of my blog {2 1/2 years ago} to RIGHT NOW... they look OLD!!!
 I hope this kid never loses his freckles. They make me smile!
 This girl of mine makes me so sad. She's getting old and I don't know if I can handle it. I had to introduce her into Young Women's today and I cried the entire time. I can hardly look at her without tearing up. She's such an amazing girl. I focused on 4 qualities that come shining through on a daily basis. 
1.) determination/drive 2.) creativity 3.) genuine/sincere 4.) caretaker 


She obviously has a bazillion wonderful qualities but these are the 4 that stand out the most right now. 

 Time to open presents. Does Bryn look excited or what???



Chan must've been feeling left out with the picture taking because he decided to show off gifts too.
 After balling all morning with Berkley, the Bishop pulled me aside and said, "Just wait until you send Chan on his mission. That's when the tears really start flowing." Honestly, I can't even think about that one. I still have 2 years before I absolutely HAVE to think about that. 
I don't remember anyone warning me, when I first started having children, that It would be an emotional roller-coaster. Yikes!

 I think lil' Brynerz had a great Birthday. She's such a spazzzz...... and we LOVE LOVE LOVE her to pieces!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Your children are beautiful Julie! And I agree, I hate them growing up!! HATE it!

n@ said...

Your so cute Jules... it is way too hard to have our littles grow big. :(

I love that you have kept up on your blog so I can see what is going on with my neighbor! ;) I should be better at that...

Karen said...

They are growing up waaaaay too fast - tell them to slow down!!!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray