Saturday, January 15, 2011

A noteworthy breakfast and a stuffy friend...

I'm almost certain this picture doesn't do this breakfast justice, but try to imagine a bowl of hot cocoa ice-cream atop a bed of whipped cream, sprinkled with blueberries, more whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.

Can I just say... HEAVEN in a bowl? Mason brought this to me while I was walking on my treadmill this morning. He wanted to surprise me with breakfast after a hard workout. I don't know about you, but there's nothing I want more, after a workout, than a good "kid friendly" meal straight from the heart.
Breakfast of champions made by this sweet 8 year old boy... Mason. I love my pleaser!
Next I'd like to introduce you to Stuffy. Stuffy was made with an overwhelming amount of love. Her head is made out of an old knitted hat, ears are the bottom of two socks, eyes and nose/mouth are made out of paper, the body is an old dolly outfit, the feet are made from the upper part of the socks discarded from the ears, and the hands are simply toilet paper.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that everything is "sewn" together with blue painters tape and stuffed with toilet paper.

***Note: I decided to sew the ears and head on for my lil' gal because she couldn't figure out why they kept falling off.
I'm amazed at the creativity of this sweet little 5 year old gal. She blows me away on a daily basis with her imaginative spirit. She worked very hard on this project for a good 2 hours in her room. I was a little nervous because she wouldn't let me see what she was up to and I had NO IDEA what I would find when I walked into the room.
As I entered the room upon completion, Bryn had the most loving, tender look in her eyes. I think she was pretty darn proud of her accomplishment. And guess what? I started to tear up because of the way she gently held Stuffy in her arms. Brynerz has a special spirit about her and I love her so so much!


1 comment:

Karen said...

That breakfast concoction has to have a gazillion calories but looks yummy. I love Bryn's creation and Stuffy is the perfect name. Your kids are darling and creative!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray