Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's nice to be important...


Oopsy daisies! Just look at this waffle disaster... yikes! This is what happens when Mason's in a hurry and doesn't have time to fix breakfast. I take 100% responsibility for hungry kids this morning.
And NO! These are NOT chocolate waffles! Hee hee!
I'm sure you've heard the saying, "It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice". I seriously need to remember this quote on a daily basis right now. My kitchen has been in disarray for OVER 3 months now and there isn't enough time in the day to explain why. Let's just say, I'm not proud of the way I've acted lately. I've been CRANKY, SNAPPY, IRRITABLE, my fuse couldn't get any shorter, and I will bite your head off if you get to close to me. Not a great situation.

I stumbled across this saying this morning and amazingly enough... I started to breathe. And calm down. And take a minute to really think about my situation. And guess what??? I'm being a big, fat BABY!!!! So.... I'm going to work on being NICE!





4 comments:

Karen said...

Love that saying! Oh, oh, maybe someone's forgotten how to cook - haha! At least your kitchen is somewhat functional!

Unknown said...

Love that saying, too! Just think...one day your kitchen will be done! Yay! And until then you'd better keep a good eye on the toaster! ;)

embot said...

I am drooling over your fridge, julie! I wish you could see our 1940s kitchen. it would make you feel happy all the time to live in some disarray. no, actually disarray makes me grumpy, too. but my dishwasher is tiny and kinda comical so that would definitely cheer you up. haha. it's gonna be gorgeous when it's all done. can't wait to see it!

Lisa R.D. said...

I can so relate... I think that I throw temper tantrums (even if they are internal or after I've escaped to my bedroom and alone) way more often than my kids. I am going to do better.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray