Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Neglected or dramatic?

Brynerz and I decided to get out the Valentine boxes this morning and decorate for our favorite, FAVORITE Holiday. I just LOVE all shades of red, pink and white mixed together. It definitely helps me get thru yucky winter. Especially this morning when it started to SNOW and snow and snow. It's still snowing as we speak! But I don't care because I'm in the Valentine zone.
So while I was busily decorating the kitchen, Bryn looked at me (while eating her 3 bears porridge) and sayed (in a very serious, concerned voice), "Mom, where the heck has Dad been lately? He missed scriptures last night and I NEVER see him anymore. I don't even remember what color his hair is!!!!!"
She was dead serious and started to tear up because she was THAT upset. Yikes! Poor baby. And poor Joe. He's got some serious explaining to do tonight. I assured her he'd be around more (Sundance Film festival is always a challenging time). And in the meantime, I pulled up a bunch of pictures of Joe so she'd remember what he looks like. Hee hee!
I'm constantly in stitches over the funny things my kids say and do. I decided to hang their canvases in our living room so I can enjoy seeing their bright cheery faces
ALL DAY LONG!
This lil' miss is the cutest thing in the world. I love hanging out,
JUST THE TWO OF US
every morning and I'm still tickled about our Daddy conversation.

I'm so in love.... Go to One Charming Party to learn how to make this adorable bubble gum Valentine necklace. Wouldn't every girl in the world want to be adorned with this sweet treat?



4 comments:

Ria said...

I love your blog too Julie! Your kitchen remodel is amazing. I was really excited to see you posted a lot of your recipes (I remember what a great cook you are). I can't wait to try some of them.

Kathy said...

The drama! That's exactly how spencer is when he hasn't seen someone if a day or two..."I can't remember what they look like" with a tear or two. So funny! And sweet.
I am in love with that Necklace too! I am so going to make those for my girls for Vday!

Unknown said...

How cute is your little Bryn! Awh!
Love your canvas pictures of your kids and is that a sneak peak of your new kitchen with the valentine's decorations?

Karen said...

All your kids say cute things, but I think Bryn takes the cake. Aren't you glad you blog so you can record all these gems for posterity!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray