Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy 9th Birthday Mason Spence Pia...


Mason came into this world ready for fun & adventure. He arrived a week early and was the PERFECT baby. No colic, started sleeping thru the night at 8 weeks, pleasant and calm, and a wonderful addition to our family. I can't imagine life without this sweet boy.

Here are 9 things I adore about this kid:

1. Mason is such a good BROTHER. He adores his brother & sisters more than anything.

2. Mason is a great CHEF. He can make a mean breakfast and his Sisters are especially grateful for his services because they are the direct recipients of his kindness each and every morning.

3. He's THANKFUL. He thanks me for everything. What Mom doesn't want to hear the words "THANK YOU" a bazillion times a day? It never gets old.

4. Mason is the PEACEMAKER of our house. I won't go into detail about this one because it would take all day, but take my word for it... he's a gem.

5. Mason is super EASY-GOING. Don't bug him and he won't bug you. He's happy about 99% of the time.

6. Mason is the great ENTREPRENEUR. The kid eats, sleeps and breathes thinking about different ways to make money. He's clever, witty and will definitely go far in this life.

7. Mason is a PLEASER. He's always making little things for Joe and me. We LOVE it!

8. Mason is my SILENT GIANT. He's not a big talker, but when he does speak, we listen intently because it's almost always profound.

9. Mason has a TENDER HEART. He's full of love and life. He has a special place in his heart for toddlers and animals. I adore this about him and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for this special boy in my life. What can I say... I'm a proud Mama Bear today!
We've had such an eventful day with friends and family. I'm so grateful he has so many wonderful influences in his life. He's one lucky boy.

CC came over to see Mason right after her dentist appointment and she was in a lot of pain. Poor girl. She was so nice to come see Mason despite how awful she felt. We love you CC! Hope you get better soon.
Joe and I got Mason this awesome Nerf gun. Apparently it can shoot up to 35 ft. I had to take this picture of him checking it out.


We took the family and Mason's friends to Classic Skate for his Birthday party. As you can imagine... the kid was on cloud nine and had a great time.
Grandma Karen and Asher
Man we're getting OLD Jer Jer!
Chelsey, Jackson and Chandler. I know I've said this before, but really? Chan and Chelse could be twins. No joke!
Grandma Karen helping lil' Ash learn to skate. He was a pro right off the bat.
Cake and ice-cream time!!!
Grandpa Ron got busted for scarfing down cake while no one was watching. When he got caught he tried to get me to eat the evidence. Sorry Dad... you're BUSTED!!!
Cutest boys in AMERICA! I think they had a great time. They were all well behaved and stayed together the entire 3 hours. It was really nice.
Handsome boys!
After the party we decided to head over to Bonsaii for our Birthday tradition. We had 22 people come to celebrate Mason's big day. I'm pretty sure he felt like a million bucks at the end of the day. He is loved by so many.
Grandpa, Chan and Nate
Chelse and Taylor
Grandma and Jer
Our favorite aunts & uncles... Max & Vinni, Ju & Danny. We love you guys. Thanks for coming.
The whole crew minus Jer and Asher who were in the bathroom.

Happy Birthday Maser!
We love you with all our hearts...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Mason is such a sweet kid. I love reading about him and his thoughtful ways on the blog.
Love, love, loved lunching the other day! Those three hours just flew by so fast! You're so sweet and cute and it was so much fun!

Karen said...

Glad we got to celebrate his special day. He's such a great kid. We'll always have a special place in our hearts for him!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray