Saturday, September 4, 2010

Football has officially started....

I can't believe Mason is old enough to play football. He seems so tiny and fragile. Can I just say.... This is one tough kiddo. Joe and I were reluctant to sign him up because he's so young and we thought the pressure might be too much. Why were we so worried? We had no idea he'd like it as much as he does. He honestly doesn't care if his team wins or loses. He's just happy to be on the field, playing ball with his buddy's. They've been practicing EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for the past 3 weeks and he's loving every minute of it.

Handsome boy...
On our way to Mason's very first game of the season...
My cute friend Michelle and I were in charge of Psyche night for the boys. We decided to have a donut eating contest.... Coaches VS. Boys. It was an absolute riot! Powdered sugar was flying all over the place. I'm so glad our coaches played along. They were such good sports about the whole thing.
Like I said.... Powdered sugar EVERYWHERE!!!
The point of psyche night is to get the boys pumped for their big game the next day. Mission accomplished. They were totally pumped and wild and crazy.
Michelle and I were so happy to take the first psyche night, half time treats, banner and after game treats because.... we're done for the season. Now we get to sit back, relax and watch all the other Moms make fools of themselves.... ha ha ha!
Well, the boys didn't do as well as they'd hoped today at the game, but Mason didn't seem to mind. Five minutes after the game ended he was ready to eat lunch and play. I love this kid's attitude on life. He's honestly the most easy going, self sufficient, happy-go-lucky kid I've ever met. Easy Peasy!
Love you buddy. Thanks for being such a great, positive kid! {most of the time}




1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad he wasn't too upset - he's not quite as competitive as Chan which is a good thing. I'm sure they'll get better as the season goes on.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray