I can't believe how fast summer went this year. I'm still trying to process the fact that I didn't water-ski one time this season. What happened? Where did summer go? It's already feeling like fall in the morning.
Well, even though I love summer, I love fall MORE! So, I guess I'm not too sad because I get to enjoy all the loveliness fall brings.
Another thing I'm excited about is the fact that I can now use my kids real names because I know all of you. Isn't life grand? Let me introduce my kids.....
Bryn Hazel
Chandler Joseph
Mason Spence
Berkley Marie
Ahhh.... that felt good!
Here is a yummy recipe I made for my kids last night. It's from my moms collection.....
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C. light sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
2 C. cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1 can black beans
1 C. spanish rice
10 flour or corn tortilla, torn into pieces
Mix first three ingredients until smooth, set aside. Spread 1/2 cup of creamy mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Layer 1/2 tortillas, then layer everything else in order. Repeat layering process and spread cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and pico de gallo or salsa.
**note: I used canned chiles on the "adult" side ONLY
Enjoy!
Happy fall to ya'll!
5 comments:
I've decided that you could have your own cooking blog. This looks tasty and I am trying it this week!!!!!! Yum! I am with you, where did the summer go???
Your kids are so cute! I love how you add recipes too... I need the inspiration! :)
So fun to see pictures of the kids' first day of school. Glad we can use their "real" first names now. I love the fall too, but I'm not looking forward to winter. But there are fun things about every season!
Your kids are so adorable! Jenn needs you to invite her to your blog again at her gmail jennoettli@gmail.com
Thanks!
Cute back to school pics!
Post a Comment