Last week's hike was pretty hard, but paled in comparison to this week's adventure.
Tiff and I decided to hike Twin Peaks with our husbands who are training for Mt. Rainier in three weeks.
We weren't planning to go so far, but had the time of our lives trying to get to the top. We had no idea we'd be hiking vertical inclines, kicking through icy snow, jumping over deep crevasses, rock climbing slippery wet rock walls and bum sliding down the mountain. What could be better than that?
We were unequipped to summit, but we'll be back soon! Very soon!
Here are a few pictures of our hike.
The pictures really don't do it justice, but you'll get the idea.
I think I finally understand why Joe loves the mountains. I've finally caught the back-country bug. Looks like Joe has a hiking buddy after all. It only took eleven years of marriage to convince me.
Nate, Brian, Joe and Max
This is Tiff and I after we hiked to the end of the trail.
The next 5 hours is snow with no trails.
This is where we started our bum sliding descent. Probably the highlight of the day for me.
Brian and Joe at the tippee-top of Twin Peaks. This is a huge accomplishment.
Way to go boys..... you ROCK!
Max and Joe at the top of the other Twin Peak!
Looks like our adventures have just begun. I think this is one of many Mountain Peaks we will be conquering. Until next week.......
3 comments:
WOW! Good job you guys! sorry but I have NO desire to do that kind of thing. I much prefer sea level--white sand beaches please :)
You go girl. I wish we had some mountains here to climb.
You amaze me, girl! I get winded just walking to the park!!! :) But I have started doing something about it.
Congrats on all your hikes, I will thoroughly enjoy reading about them and hoping that you don't have to be "rescued" by cute lacrosse players! :)
Post a Comment