Sunday, March 4, 2012

life lessons...

I'm so behind on blogging this year. My time seems to be passing by so quickly. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? My goal is to start documenting my kids' lives again. We have so many fun events coming up and I don't want to miss a thing. 


I found a great article on Pinterest called "37 Life Lessons for my Sons". I agree 100% with this blogger and plan to implement all 37 simple lessons at some point or another. I'm sure my boys are thrilled about this... ha ha! #1 on her list is....


Don't let a day go by without doing something for someone else.  It's as easy as holding the door for someone.  It makes them happy and makes you happy too.


Love it, love it, love it!!!


Chandler was asked by Madi to the SWEETHEARTS dance at Brighton. We LOVE this girl. She is one of our favorite girls of all time! These two are so funny together. They're more like brother and sister buddy pals than anything else and it's really cute watching them interact.  


Madi picked up Chan Saturday night and they let me take a bazillion pictures before they left. So fun! 
Then they were off to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner... YUM! Love that place.
Next came the dance and then Planet Play till 2:00 in the morning. YIKES!!!!
I love this quote because it applies to both boys and girls. Now the real trick is beating it into their heads. 

 "You need to teach your daughters to distinguish between a man who flatters her - and a man who compliments her.  A man who views her as property - and a man who views her properly.  A man who lusts after her - and a man who loves her.  A man who believes he is God's gift to women - and a man who remembers a woman was God's gift to man... And then teach our boys to be that kind of man."


To me, respect is one of the most important things we can teach our children. Respect for our elders, respecting girls and women, and most importantly, respecting ourselves and our bodies. There's nothing better than a respectful teen with great manners and it all starts in the home. I sure hope Chan was a gentleman last weekend. Madi???


xoxo

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Those two are so cute.

Karen said...

Don't know if Chandler can get any more handsome!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray