Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Berks

It's official. Berkley hit her teens. She is 13 today. It's hard to believe my sweet baby girl is growing up before my eyes. 


I remember the day I had her. She was born 3 weeks early. The doctors stopped my labor numerous times during pregnancy. Once we hit the safe mark, they didn't stop her from coming. I decided to have Berkley totally natural. No drugs. I can't say I would do it again, but I'm glad I got to experience it with her. She was my tiniest baby. 6 lbs. 4 oz. and 18 1/2" long. We named her Alexandria in the hospital, but had to change it a few weeks later because Alexandria did not suit her AT ALL! 


Berkley's been a wonderful daughter, sister and friend. She is responsible, focused, driven, smart, ambitious, and pushes herself to be the best she can be. She's been telling us for quite some time that she wants to go to BYU and dance for the Cougarettes. I know she's only in 7th grade, but I have no doubt she will accomplish this dream. 
Berks requested Woofle eggs, hash-browns and OJ for her Birthday breakfast.
I never imagined motherhood being this rewarding. I am so grateful to have this girl as my daughter. She's a keeper! Happy Birthday Berklestein! Love you truly!
Here's a (really badly taped) glimpse of Berkley's first solo. She took first place in her division. She rocked it! 

xoxo

3 comments:

Kathy said...

She's gorgeous! Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

THIRTEEN!!! When on earth did this happen! She is so gorgeous...like her momma.

Laura said...

She is so pretty. Thirteen! Scary.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray