Monday, June 6, 2011

Strawberry almond oatmeal cookies

What do ya get when you cross freshly picked strawberries, almond flavoring, and old fashioned oats in one big bowl? 


Just a batch of the most AMAZING cookies on the planet. No seriously!
I found this recipe at Munch & Crunch the other day and couldn't wait to whip these bad boys up. They are awesome and fairly healthy considering they're cookies. I tweaked the recipe just a bit and poof! They were perfect! 
I stuck 'em in the freezer... just the way I like 'em. I'll be enjoying my secret stash of frozen goodness for the next few days... yipee! Want one? You better come and get 'em... cuz they won't last long around here!




Strawberry almond oatmeal cookies
Makes 32 large or 64 small cookies

2/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 1/3 cups pureed strawberries (about 6-8 large strawberries)
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
4 cups oats

Preheat oven to 375

In a medium bowl, mix wheat flour, white flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.

In another bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, almond extract, and strawberries and beat until combined.

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix until evenly combined. Lastly, stir in oats (can use a wooden spoon here if you’d like).

***The dough should be a thicker dough. If it appears too wet, add a few more tablespoons of wheat or white flour.

Place rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 minutes. Do not over cook.

Let cool for a couple of minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

LIFE IS GOOD... with you back to posting your yummy looking recipes again! I'm excited to try this one.

Julie said...

Those look SO good - I'm definitely going to give them a try! I know I say this all the time, but your family is so beautiful and I need to know what camera you have - I really need to get myself a nice camera and am looking around (want to do it right) - your pics always look so nice :-).

Hope you're having a wonderful beginning of summer!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray