Saturday, April 10, 2010

In like a lion.... out like a lion...


This weather is KILLING me lately. I NEED summer in a big way. Ever since I can remember, I've always disliked winter. ALWAYS. Joe told me I needed to find a "winter" hobby to get me through my winter blues. So, I decided to start skiing again after 13 years.

One thing about me is.... I'm an ALL or NOTHING gal. When I decide to do something, I go FULL THROTTLE and spare no expense. So, I bought new skis, new ski outfit {boots, gloves, hat, goggles, hand warmers}, and a 10 pass to Brighton. This was it! I was gonna go CRAZY over skiing. Joe was worried I wouldn't go enough to buy a 10 pass, but I assured him I'd use every pass and then some....... uh.... what was I thinking????

So, sitting in my drawer is the 10 pass to Brighton. Never been used. Never been touched for that matter. Can you believe it? I'm such a loser. I can't believe myself sometimes. So I guess it goes to show..... I'm not really a skier after all. The only thing I can think about right now is how excited I am to HIKE up Brighton when the snow melts. I do LOVE the mountains, just NOT the snow.

I have to say though, it wasn't a complete waste of money for Mr. Pia. I did go skiing twice. It just happened to be at a different resort on a different mountain, but you better believe I wore my new gear. I guess I learned my lesson with this whole experience. Anyone need a last minute pass to Brighton??? If so, you know where to find me!

So much for good intentions.....

Bah-bye WINTER. We'll be seeing you LATER......




1 comment:

n@ said...

Awe... that was so fun!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray