Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's a girl thing...

As always, General Conference was amazing. For some reason I feel like the speakers are looking straight into my soul and speaking directly to me. I felt a strong connection with Elder Ballard this time around. Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke in the Saturday morning session of Conference and I was totally blown away by his sweet words of wisdom. He dedicated his talk to Mothers and daughters. He talked directly to the Mother's about being great examples to their daughter's and then in turn told the daughter's to look up to their Mother's.

When I was a little girl, I couldn't wait to grow up and become a MOMMY. I always thought I'd be a fun, energetic Mom like my Mom. The only problem was, I day dreamed about having BOYS and ONLY boys. For some reason, I never thought I would have girls. I even had my palm read by a CrAzY lady who told me I would have 3 boys. Like I said, CrAzY lady!

I have to say, when I found out Berkley was going to be a girl, I started to CRY. This was NOT apart of my plan. Once she was in my arms though, I changed my tune. All of a sudden, I LOVED little girls. I'm eternally grateful to've been blessed with two girls in my life. I thank my lucky stars everyday.

As I listened intently to Elder Ballard's words, I couldn't help but think of my own girls and the love I have for them. I want to be the best example I can be to them. I want to be their ROCK. There confidante. I really, really want them to look up to me and feel unconditional love from me.

But the best part , Berkley was sitting on my lap with her arms and legs lovingly wrapped around me. She was listening intently to his words as well. After the talk ended, Berkley looked at me and said, "That was the best talk I've ever heard". Thank you Elder Ballard for being so inspired and knowing exactly what we needed at that moment. I think your message really hit home. We are so grateful.

There's nothing in this world more special than Sisterhood. I'm talking about the strong bonds between Mother/daughter/sisters. I look forward to many years of girl bonding time.... Here are a few great moments...















Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!



2 comments:

Karen said...

I think you'll always hold a special place in your heart for Elder Ballard especially because he married you and Joe.

Since you and I didn't get to have a sister, I'm so glad your girls have each other . . . you can tell there's a special bond between them already.

Unknown said...

Girls are the best! What darling girls you have... you are all so beautiful inside and out.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray