Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lake Blanch...

We decided to get a few friends together and hike Lake Blanch Saturday afternoon. It was SUPER fun, but SUPER DUPER HOT!!!! I don't think I've EVER sweat that bad in my life. The trail is usually quite shady in the morning, but unfortunately for us, it was ALL SUN in the afternoon! Luckily, we were in good company and tried to make the best of it.

I can't explain in words how beautiful the lake is this time of year. The hike itself is dang hard, but the reward is 10 fold when you climb over the last boulder and find yourself in this beautiful valley, with one of God's most glorious creations before your eyes.
Once we reached our destination, we pulled out a bag of cherries and had a cherry-seed spitting contest. I bet you can't tell that Brian was the big winner by the way he was projecting his entire body into it. This was serious business.
Cute Nat enjoying her apple...
I can't believe how sweaty we were. My clothes were completely sopping wet... Not to mention my bright cherry apple red cheeks : )
Time for a little siesta.... Gav really knows how to relax...
Joe and Bri decided to take a little snoozer too...
It was so fun to sit at the edge of the lake and take it all in. It was so peaceful...
I love this picture of the guys with the little man meditating behind them on the rock. Can you see him? I'm sure he wasn't very excited when we showed up...
Love these girls...
Time to go..... but I don't want to!
The decent is so fun because we're giddy and on a natural high... We all had a skip in our step!
Can you believe these gorgeous clouds...?
I love this picture of Tiff hiking down the rocks... She's a hiking fool!
The river flows so fast this time of year. It's absolutely breathtaking...
What a great day.... can't wait to do it all over again!





4 comments:

Tiff said...

That was fun girlie! I need you to send me copies of those pictures! I hope we have many more fun adventures this Summer.

Tiff said...

I also need to add that I'm not sure if I look super orange or if your camera color is skewed... I haven't put on tanning cream for over a week.

Angie said...

Looks like a blast...can't believe you didn't invite me.

Karen said...

Beautiful setting - reminds me of Silver Lake. Better do it in the morning next time!

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray