Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Seize the day...

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day yesterday. I know we did. Our day was chock full of fun. It started bright and early with a neighborhood breakfast. Next, we played some great, competitive doubles tennis with our friends the K's. The kids were so excited to finely relax and hang out with their friends. Lastly, we met Joe's family at the cemetery to pay tribute to our dear beloved one's who've passed on.

We sat around Joe's Dad's gravesite and talked about what a great man he was. I think the consensus was he was a hard working and honorable man. We also talked about CC's parents. Bryn is named after Grandma Mimi {Hazel}. She was such an amazing woman. Full of Spirit and life.

I love this quote on LeRoy's gravestone. It reads, "Seize the day". Every time I read it, it sends chills up my spine.
SEIZE THE DAY.
Such a great quote to live by....

At the very bottom of his gravestone it says, "We will live and Love better".
Another wonderful quote....





2 comments:

Sara said...

We went and visited on Sunday. I loved the stones with all the kids names on them.

Claire said...

Don't know if I ever told you this but on the morning Joe's Dad died I was at the Mullen's nannying Markay while they were in St. George. I was in college. I will never forget Jane's voice when she called me and asked me to go next door and get Elder Ballard. She wanted him to talk to Brad and all. I was so sad for all of you because even though I didn't know him, I knew how much Brad loved him and when I saw your blog I had to tell you guys how much fun they were having in St. George that weekend and that memory of their love for him.

Pias . together . forever . Hooray

Pias  .  together  .  forever  .  Hooray